What am I up to these days? (2019-05-05)
What and Why:
- I just moved to Montreal. I am changing offices, but mostly doing the same job.
- Trying to get back on track for my goal of reading 30 books a year. I finished a few books in April and have several books on the go.
- On my first full day in Montreal, I went to a data visualization meetup. It was interesting to meet people to talk a little about how they think about visualization.
- I gave a talk at work about visualization to get everyone thinking about improving the level of visual communication. I included information about colour visual deficiencies that was well received by several people who commented that they alway have trouble because most people don’t think about their needs.
- Keeping up my Portuguese learning because it is interesting and maybe one day it will be useful too.
- Planning trips for the next year or so (LA, Paris, Brazil, to be determined)
- Trip home for my grandmother’s 100th birthday
- Practicing my French so people will speak to me in French instead of switching to English
Idea for this came from Peter.