What am I up to these days? (2019-01-06)
What and Why:
- Keeping up my goal of reading 30 books a year. Recently, I finished “The Library Book” by Susan Orlean, which had great stories/history of the Los Angeles Public Library and a reminder how important the library is in communities.
- Continuing to learn R to apply it to data analysis and graphic creation at work and home.
- I gave a talk at work about visualization to get everyone thinking about improving the level of visual communication. I included information about colour visual deficiencies that was well received by several people who commented that they alway have trouble because most people don’t think about their needs.
- Travelled to Chicago with my sister and Montreal with a friend in the past year for long weekends.
- Travelled to Calgary and Banff to tour around with my girlfriend.
- Keeping up my Portuguese learning because it is interesting and maybe one day it will be useful too.
- Planning trips for the next year or so (Montreal, Brazil, LA, to be determined)
- Trip home for my grandmother’s 100th birthday
- Practicing my French so I can conceivably work in Montreal
- Practicing speaking in Portuguese to supplement my budding understanding
Idea for this came from Peter.